[Catalyst] Translations for error message

Thomas L. Shinnick tshinnic at io.com
Fri May 5 23:53:39 CEST 2006

At 04:28 PM 5/5/2006, you wrote:

>On 5 May 2006, at 21:08, Matt S Trout wrote:
> > Tatsuhiko Miyagawa wrote:
> >> On 4/30/06, J. Shirley <jshirley at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Suggestions in the form of a patch and tests would, I'm sure, be
> > greatfully received :D
>
>No don't do this. Long story, but presuming people's language preferences
>based on what their browser sends is a recipe for receiving irate emails
>along the lines of: "why do you force my native Portuguese on me? my
>English is good enough you know..." etc. etc.

Also, browsers/etc. get it wrong sometimes, somehow.  I just had the
experience of going to the DBIx-Class Wiki and having the Wiki
headers spew in Chinese.  I had to delete Chinese(zh-cn) from my
FireFox language preferences to get it back to English.  Ah, does it
in IE, also, irrespective of 'order', so it's a Kwiki fault.  But
that makes it a good cautionary tale...