[Catalyst] HTML::Widget - AllOrNone with Select and empty values

ADSJ (Adam Sjøgren) adsj at novozymes.com
Tue May 9 12:44:17 CEST 2006

On Fri, 5 May 2006 15:19:33 +0100, Carl wrote:

> It's a feature!

>> Use of uninitialized value in exists at
>> /usr/share/perl5/HTML/Widget/Constraint/In.pm line 21.

> Notice the filename that's generating the warning.

> Select elements automatically get an "In" contraint added, containing
> the keys from the element's options().

Ah, ok, I see. And constraints are enforced when a data-object is
given to the process-method, regardless of whether the object actually
contains a key for the field.

It makes sense if you know how it works :-)

So, currently I can't display a form like the one in my example, if I
call the process-method with a data-object.

> This probably ought to be over-rideable.

That would certainly solve my problem. Should I try to whip up a
patch, or?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--