[Catalyst] Project Name

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed May 10 02:04:20 CEST 2006

Nathan Kurz wrote:
> Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> writes:
>> I've always found using a generic namespace for generic components
>> and then just creating an empty subclass of them works fine.
>
> I think this works quite well for the core components, but I'm not
> sure it is great for a sample app.  I'm guessing that rather than
> subclassing the sample and carrying it along with the new application,
> that people would prefer just modifying it and being free of baggage.

Users will always prefer the easiest path. Then they come back and blame
you when you didn't make sure it was also the right one.

If you're sure it's just a sample app and the code will never need to
change, what's the problem with templatizing it and turning it into a
Helper that generates the appropriate stuff like InstantCRUD and friends do?