[Catalyst] Project Name (Matt S Trout)

Bryan Roach opus at b-love.org
Wed May 10 16:03:11 CEST 2006

From: Matt S Trout
>If you're sure it's just a sample app and the code will never need to
>change, what's the problem with templatizing it and turning it into a
>Helper that generates the appropriate stuff like InstantCRUD and friends do?

I don't think this is a great idea for a sample app, because a good
sample should show all the steps involved in creating the app. Using a
Helper skips steps and creates another layer of Perl magic, which is
another layer of obfuscation for a Catalyst newbie to wade through. My
experience in learning Cat has been that the MVC concepts are pretty
easy; it's the behind-the-scenes magic which either just works or
"just doesn't work" that is difficult.