[Catalyst] Catalyst CMS...

Peter Edwards peterdragon at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 12 09:13:00 CEST 2006

Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:
>In a similar vein I am working on a del.icio.us kind of web
Application

Hi, I was looking at this Java-centric approach to delivering a simplified
component based presentation layer that allows the use of AJAX:
http://zk1.sourceforge.net/
It has some nice ideas in, for example simplified screen definition file
language that end users can edit. It can interface to Dojo. It has a lengthy
developers guide. And the widgets seem more mature than those in other
toolkits: http://www.potix.com/zkdemo/userguide/

I'm not sure there's a sane way to use it with Catalyst via a Tomcat server
but the approach at least is interesting for writing richer interfaces.
I'd like be able to have a simple form definition file that could be
generated from a visual designer tool by non-developers, and hide all the
javascript/AJAX complexity behind display elements like ZK does.

Regards, Peter