[Catalyst] Editor files, .svn etc. accidental loading by Catalyst; also, non-standard component structure

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sat May 13 14:45:52 CEST 2006

John Napiorkowski wrote:
> Matt,
>
> I think I could help out with some tests for this.  I
> may not have enough Catalyst knowledge to write the
> code yet.  I would also like to see changes to this to
> make it easier to integrate with source control and to
> allow users to drop in larges blocks of functionality
> without disturbing their custom code.  My feeling is
> that the primary M/V/C tree should only be for your
> custom code.  This would make it more easy to clone
> projects.  Anyway I subscribed to cat-dev.  Hope I can
> be useful :) --john

Tests are *good*. The code to do this shouldn't actually be that
complicated once we switch from doing the loading entwined in
Module::Pluggable::Fast to getting back the list of classes and
instantiating them ourselves, but making sure it's properly tested so we
can be sure all the edge cases are shaken out is going to be the hard
part - component loading is only as well tested as it is thanks to a
wedge of tests kindly submitted by Brandon Black (along with the first
refactor of the $c->model/view/controller code towards its current
implementation).