[Catalyst] Catalyst and backend script

Marcello Romani mromani at ottotecnica.com
Fri May 19 11:24:47 CEST 2006

JOUANNE Mickael ha scritto:
> Hi.
>
> We have made a website with Catalyst and it's work quite well.
>
> But now, we have to make some backend script for stats, query etc...
>
> My question is how can we access to the Class::DBI directly from backen
> script without loading all the Catalyst thing ?
> We don't want web in our scripts because it's ugly.
> Does the Model independant from Catalyst ?
>
> Thanks.

My 2 eurocents are: you should build your catalyst model classes as
"wrappers" around regular cdbi classes (maybe a better adjective would
be "adapter" ?).
I have developed under Catalyst since about 5.30 and I've seen this
point raised up more than once in the mailing list(s). I think that the
independence of model classes from catalyst itself is largely
understressed in the Cat docs.

--
Marcello Romani
Responsabile IT