[Catalyst] Catalyst and backend script

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri May 19 13:21:05 CEST 2006

JOUANNE Mickael wrote:
> Hi.
>
> We have made a website with Catalyst and it's work quite well.
>
> But now, we have to make some backend script for stats, query etc...
>
> My question is how can we access to the Class::DBI directly from backen
> script without loading all the Catalyst thing ?
> We don't want web in our scripts because it's ugly.
> Does the Model independant from Catalyst ?

Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema is designed specifically to work with a
non-Catalyst-dependent DBIx::Class::Schema for exactly this sort of use case.

I'd suggest upgrading your model; Class::DBI is old, slow and inflexible and
the only justification for using it for Catalyst development these days is if
you already have non-Catalyst Class::DBI code before you even run catalyst.pl