[Catalyst] RequiresSLL and the little lock

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Tue May 23 02:17:07 CEST 2006

I suspect this isn't related to Catalyst at all.

I'm using C::P::RequireSSL and I use uri_for() to generate *all* my
links.

On some pages Firefox 1.5 shows the lock with a line through it
which, IIRC, means that some fetched items on the page are not ssl.

There's two odd things.  First, Ctrl-I (page info) > Media shows that
background images loaded via css are http: not https:.

Second, using Web-developer and view CSS list the css files as http,
not https, even though page source shows:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://bumby:3443/css/common.css" media="screen" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://bumby:3443/css/style.css" media="screen" />

Is there another reason the little ssl lock would have a line through
it, or is this just a bug in Firefox?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org