[Catalyst] problem with Catalyst::Plugin::I18N

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Tue May 23 04:15:11 CEST 2006

* mock <mock at obscurity.org> [2006-05-22 15:25]:
> Somewhere there is a law about the internets, where five
> seconds after you post to a mailing list, the typo you made
> becomes glaringly obvious.

    Another effective technique is to explain your code to
    someone else. This will often cause you to explain the bug to
    yourself. Sometimes it takes no more than a few sentences,
    followed by an embarrassed “Never mind, I see what's wrong.
    Sorry to bother you.” This works remarkably well; you can
    even use non-programmers as listeners. One university
    computer center kept a teddy bear near the help desk.
    Students with mysterious bugs were required to explain them
    to the bear before they could speak to a human counselor.

    — Brian W Kernighan & Rob Pike, “Debugging”, _The Practice of
      Programming_

Slide set #3 for the lecture notes for UMelbourne CS 252 is also
nice (<http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/252/notes/lectures/>).

Regards,