[Catalyst] Slowness on test server caused by reverse DNS lookups

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Tue May 30 15:51:53 CEST 2006

On 5/30/06, Marcello Romani <mromani at ottotecnica.com> wrote:
> I had a problem that is possibly related to this: when trying to access
> the local test server, the browser requests seemed to reach it only
> after a rather lengthy delay (5 seconds or so), but if I disabled the
> LAN interface everything was instantaneous.

Under Windows, something like this (i.e. an annoying delay) happens
when you're running the builtin server with "-k" and using IE as the
browser. Unfortunately, if you don't use the "-k" option, IE doesn't
play nice with it and everything blows up. But this shouldn't have
anything to do with LAN interfaces, at least in theory.

If you're ever able to test under these same conditions, it would be
nice to know if the problem was also present when using FireFox as the
browser.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.