[Catalyst] Catalyst-plugin-prototype supports UTF8?

Mao DengFeng-e13751 e13751 at motorola.com
Wed Nov 1 07:47:38 GMT 2006

Hi, all

I am studying MiniMojo example in catalyst.
I try to use mysql as the database.
The sample can work well but  I got wild charater when I input chinese
charater.
Please review below steps
1. I use UTF8 charset both webpage and mysql database.
2. When I input chinese charaters and submit, The text area and mysql
database can display chinese charaters correctly. But I got wild
charaters in   <div id="view"></div>
3. I have checked mysql database which is updated by the example. The
chinese characters can be displayed correctly.

Because the "view" area is updated by Catalyst-plugin-prototype
according the input of text area. I think the issue is caused by
Catalyst-plugin-prototype.

Please give me some advice to fix this issue

Thanks

Mao Deng feng