[Catalyst] Catalyst-plugin-prototype supports UTF8?

apv apv at sedition.com
Wed Nov 1 08:29:23 GMT 2006

I was getting the same thing in my apps. They display utf8 fine
as long as there is no utf8 in a form in the same page.

Catalyst::Plugin::Unicode combined with Catalyst::View::TT::ForceUTF8
fixes this for me. I don't speak Chinese but it is what I usually
use to test the unicode and it appears to work fine for both
FCGI and the test server. I am not doing any AJAX right now so
I'm not sure if there are any issues in that layer (JS<->Perl).

-Ashley

On Tuesday, Oct 31, 2006, at 23:47 US/Pacific, Mao DengFeng-e13751
wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> I am studying MiniMojo example in catalyst.
> I try to use mysql as the database.
> The sample can work well but  I got wild charater when I input chinese
> charater.
> Please review below steps
> 1. I use UTF8 charset both webpage and mysql database.
> 2. When I input chinese charaters and submit, The text area and mysql
> database can display chinese charaters correctly. But I got wild
> charaters in   <div id="view"></div>
> 3. I have checked mysql database which is updated by the example. The
> chinese characters can be displayed correctly.
>
> Because the "view" area is updated by Catalyst-plugin-prototype
> according the input of text area. I think the issue is caused by
> Catalyst-plugin-prototype.
>
> Please give me some advice to fix this issue
>
> Thanks
>
> Mao Deng feng

> Searchable archive:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/catalyst@lists.rawmode.org/