[Catalyst] Chained actions usage and DBIC performance

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 15:26:57 GMT 2006

On 11/1/06, David Jack Olrik <david at olrik.dk> wrote:
> http://www.onemogin.com/blog/528-chained-searches-the-beauty-of-
> dbixclass-and-catalyst.html

Nice article. However, by "chained actions" I meant Catalyst's builtin
Chained actions. But I guess it still added some weight to the
previous suggestion of using search for everything.

By the way... in your search_date() method. Are you aware that
DBIx::Class understands DateTime objects directly when using
InflateColumn::DateTime? Or is it that you really prefer to manually
build the string instead of using the date manipulating routines in
DateTime?

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.