[Catalyst] Chained actions usage and DBIC performance

David Jack Olrik david at olrik.dk
Mon Nov 6 11:39:54 GMT 2006

On 01/11/2006, at 16.26, Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior wrote:

> Nice article. However, by "chained actions" I meant Catalyst's
> builtin Chained actions.

You could do the same as in the article, and just stuffing the
resultset in the stash instead.

> But I guess it still added some weight to the
> previous suggestion of using search for everything.

True =)

> By the way... in your search_date() method. Are you aware that
> DBIx::Class understands DateTime objects directly when using
> InflateColumn::DateTime? Or is it that you really prefer to manually
> build the string instead of using the date manipulating routines in
> DateTime?

Not my article, but I suppose that Cory wrote it before
InflateColumn::DateTime went into core, or just like strings better =)

--
Best regards,
David Jack Olrik <david at olrik.dk>             http://david.olrik.dk