[Catalyst] Newbie needs help with tutorial

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Fri Nov 3 16:37:02 GMT 2006

> $ script/myapp_server.pl
> Couldn't instantiate component "MyApp::Model::MyAppDB", "Cannot load
> schema class 'MyAppDB': syntax error at (eval 99) line 1, near "require
> DBIx::Class:"

Looks like you have a colon after DBIx::Class instead of a semicolon.
If you need more details about exactly where the problem is, run your
app under the perl debugger (perl -d script/myapp_server.pl).  A lot of
Perl programmers tend to ignore the debugger, but it's there for a
reason and offers everything you would expect from a debugger --
breakpoints, watchpoints, stack traces, injecting code into a running
script, etc.  There's a chapter about it in my upcoming book :) but for
now, take a look at the perldebug manual page and feel free to ask any
questions you have.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway

-- =

package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=3DJAPH)->config(name =3D> do {
$,.=3Dreverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,