[Catalyst] Anyone got a nice form generator for dbix::class objects?

Will Hawes info at whawes.co.uk
Tue Nov 7 22:20:50 GMT 2006

Josef Karthauser wrote:
> I'm in a twisty maze of passages all alike. :)
>
> Having just started playing with Catalyst, I'm trying to work out the
> best way to implement an editing facility for DBIx::Class::RecordSet
> objects.

I think you mean ResultSet ;)

   Ideally instead of coding a widget within a controller I'd
> like to control the layout within the templates.  This means that I
> need to be able to call something like:
>
>     [% record.editboxfor($column) %
>
> or some such thing.
>
> Is this a sensible thing to do?  Has anyone got any nice recipies to
> solve this?

Good places to start would be the docs for either DBIx::Class::WebForm
or (as most people seem to prefer at present) HTML::Widget.
Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial is definitely worth a read too, as it covers
the same sort of thing you're doing.

If you're using a decent view like Template Toolkit, you will be able to
  manipulate forms from either Controller or View as you see fit.

HTH