[Catalyst] Can we use both TT and TTsite at the same time

Marc Logghe Marc.Logghe at DEVGEN.com
Wed Nov 8 10:09:46 GMT 2006

________________________________

	From: Mao DengFeng-e13751 [mailto:e13751 at motorola.com]
	Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 6:04 AM
	To: The elegant MVC web framework
	Subject: [Catalyst] Can we use both TT and TTsite at the same
time

	Hi,

	TTsite view is more conenience at most time when create a new
page. But TT view is needed in some case.
	For example, I try to update some part of a page using AJAX.
This part is also rendered from a template.
	If we use TTsite, the header and footer are included when the
template is rendered.
	I try to use TTsite for most of the pages but I want to use TT
(without header and footer wrapped)for some special page.
	Is there a way to do that

	thanks
	Mao Dengfeng

	Hi,

	I tried out 2 ways.

	The first way is like you suggest, use TTSite and TT next to
each other.

	So, you create your View the usual way (script/my_app_create.pl
view TT TT). In the configuration you remove the lines

	PRE_PROCESS  => 'config/main',
	    WRAPPER      => 'site/wrapper',

	Then in the action you set your template and call
$c->forward($c->view('TT')). This call will set your response body so
that the default call to TTSite is not made anymore.

	Another way is to edit root/lib/site/wrapper and add an extra
ELSIF statement:
	   ELSIF nowrap;
	      content;
	Then in your controller actions that handle an AJAX request you
just have to set $c->stash->{nowrap} = 1.

	Cheers,
	Marc