[Catalyst] automatic form generation based on data models

marcus baker marcus.baker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 17:28:48 GMT 2006

In a primarily Perl shop I've joined, Django has become all the rage.
Everyone into it is amazed at the templating capabilities and the
database abstraction layer (...they obviously hadn't really done much
with the Template Toolkit, or even heard of Class::DBI or
DBIx::Class).  Django's all fine and lovely, but personally I still
prefer Catalyst due to the vastness of the CPAN library I can use
behind it.

The one thing about Django that keeps them from looking anywhere else
is it's ability to create data-editing forms on the fly based on the
data model.  In an attempt to get them to consider Catalyst a little
more, I was wondering if Catalyst has this kind of capability
anywhere... Is this something I should take to the CDBI/DBIxC lists
specifically?

Thanks
-Marcus