[Catalyst] automatic form generation based on data models

Josef Karthauser joe at tao.org.uk
Thu Nov 9 10:59:00 GMT 2006

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 08:47:37AM +0000, Ian Docherty wrote:
> >I agree.  I'm a week (part time) into building my application with
> >Cayalyst, and I'm still not anywhere near the functionality I had
> >with Maypole after a day of hacking.  This isn't because maypole
> >is more powerful or anything, no as far as I can see Cataylst is far
> >more mature.  But without a decent CRUD tutorial at least, it's been a
> >steep learning curve.
> >
> Perhaps that is the point, the learning curve.
>
> I find that having used Catalyst for a year there is less of a learning
> curve and I don't even bother to use the helpers to create my methods. I
> just create them by hand.
>
> However when starting to learn Catalyst a CRUD may be of used (until
> experience is gained).

Sure.  I'm familiar with the basics now, and it's all coming together,
however I'm still fighting to find a nice way of handling form
construction, which is template driven, but also validated within the
controller. I'm sure I'll get it though.

Joe
--
Josef Karthauser (joe at tao.org.uk)	       http://www.josef-k.net/
Physics Particle Theory (student)   http://www.pact.cpes.sussex.ac.uk/