[Catalyst] Authentication - Tutorial

Anthony Gardner cyclewood_ltd at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 11 18:55:52 GMT 2006

Ooops, sorry, my mistake.

At the beginning, I never got the .yml file working so I added

$pkg->config->{authentication}->{dbic}->{user_class} = 'BookShopDB::User';

etc. to my Application class. And that allowed me to continue with the tutorial.

Then, while playing around with the .yml file, I quoted the BookShopDB::User .... restarted the server and hey presto, it worked. BUT, I've just checked my Application class and the I forgot to comment out the $pkg->config stuff.

So, to cut a long story short .......... my .yml still isn't working at all.

I've made sure everything is indented with spaces, too.

Here it is  ....

---
name: BookShop
authentication:
  dbic:
    user_class: BookShopDB::User
    user_field: username
    password_field: password

and here's the error at server start up

You must provide a user_class at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7/Catalyst.pm line 862

-Ants

hkclark at gmail.com wrote: On 11/11/06, Anthony Gardner  wrote:
> I haven't seen this mentioned before and am new to YAML but in the C
> Authentication docs, it says use user_class: MyAppDB::User
>  in myapp.yml but I've had to use 'MyAppDB::User' (with quotes)
>
> That took a while to find out :(
>
> -Ants

Hi Anthony,

Strange... I haven't run into that before.  I'll try to recreate the
problem with the latest versions of everything, but the "no quotes"
version has worked fine for me in the past.  Let me know if you have
any other info re this -- I don't want the tutorial giving people
fits, so I'm happy to adjust things if we think that would be helpful.

Thanks,
Kennedy