[Catalyst] log infor using FastCGI enigine in Apache

Jon jon+catalyst at youramigo.com
Tue Nov 14 11:18:19 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 09:31 +0000, Chisel Wright wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 01:50:39PM +1030, Jon wrote:
> > I found Catalyst::Log::Log4perl a good alternative.  Unfortunately not
> > compatible with Catalyst::Plugin::Dumper though.
>
> Yeah, dig back through the archives and you'll find mst's fair and true
> comment on my apalling implementation of CP::Dumper.
>
> It was a quick lazy hack, and never quite made it past there.
>
> Rewrites/patches welcome :)

Sorry, wasn't meant to be a criticism.  Dumper is a great idea and works
well with the out-of-the-box logger.  I did look at the code and figured
that you could probably get the logger class back via $c->log and then
install the dumper function into the appropriate class whatever the
implementation.  Would have tinkered with it if I had a bit more time -
instead I quickly subclassed Catalyst::Log::Log4perl and added my own
dumper, which works but is equally inflexible.

--

Jon