[Catalyst] IDE/editor

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Tue Nov 14 18:39:58 GMT 2006

Max Afonov wrote:
> ...TextMate is a great application that is very much in keeping with
> core Mac UI guidelines. I tried using it for a few projects, and I have
> to say that it's excellent. But here's what I don't like about TextMate:
> it's not free. Not meaning to sound cheap and nitpicking, but how can a
> tool that's trying to cater to open source developers not be free?

Exactly.  Somewhat like this:

I say forget about TextMate.  emacs isn't as nice looking (arguably),
but it's tons more functional.  TextMate is really basic, but emacs has
some very advanced modes. (nxml-mode was written by a designer of XML,
so it's really good at what it does.  c-mode has been perfected by
hundreds of the best C programmers.  cperl-mode was PPI before PPI
existed.  even TT mode, CSS-mode, svk mode, etc. are great.)  The
disadvantage is that you have to RTFM.  If you're not doing that,
though, why are you programming?

Here's the emacs wiki.  Enjoy: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki

(And yes, their wiki is written in Perl.)

--
package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,