[Catalyst] IDE/editor

TCB tcb at thadbrown.com
Wed Nov 15 14:35:33 GMT 2006

I think things like Aptana are the real strength of Eclipse. The same IDE can be
used to check javascript and html, pure java apps, Perl code, talk to cvs/svn,
connect to an Oracle database, etc. and so on. For many, many people that alone
makes it a better choice than Komodo or pretty much anything else. I don't think
an experienced emacs user and Perl coder will want to switch to it for their core
programming, but it's certainly nice to have a good GUI and debugging tools for
the parts of a project that might lie a bit outside one's area of expertise.

On Wed Nov 15  3:29 , Michele Beltrame <mb at italpro.net> sent: