[Catalyst] Re: Catalyst vs Rails vs Django Cook off

Cory Watson jheephat at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 02:16:52 GMT 2006

On 11/16/06, A. Pagaltzis <pagaltzis at gmx.de> wrote:
> * Cory Watson <jheephat at gmail.com> [2006-11-16 14:40]:
> > I respectfully suggest that those who criticize his work should
> > use their energies to /improve/ his test rather than merely
> > dismissing it as worthless. Using his code as a base, couldn't
> > one create a test that was more fair?  Then someone would have
> > a test that shows results that are more 'real' and give
> > potential users more information with which to make a decision.
>
> Sorry, come again?
>
> If I say "I'm afraid this pasta tastes so awful I just can't eat
> it", would you respond "well at least [the cook] did prepare
> something! maybe you should stop mouthing off and do it better"?

That depends.  Am I part of collection of individuals who's goal is to
collaboratively create better pasta or am I someone who paid money for
someone to prepare me pasta?

I think the answer to that question points out why I bothered to
originally respond to this message.  I tire of being repeatedly
berated for thinking it would be cool for someone to create a
benchmark based on the criticisms of those of you that can lend
advice.  Since I'm not putting my money where my mouth is, I'll take
my ball and go home. ;)

--
Cory 'G' Watson
http://www.onemogin.com