[Catalyst] Porting or not porting?

Krzysztof Krzyżaniak eloy at pawnhearts.eu.org
Mon Nov 20 10:26:39 GMT 2006

Thomas Klausner <domm at cpan.org> writes:

> Hi!
>
> Some years ago I wrote a rather big app. It's running on mod_perl 1.0
> and uses Class::DBI (plus loads of plugings), TT and some (well much)
> custom-written 'controller' code.
>
> I now have to upgrade this app to mod_perl 2.0.
>
> I've been playing with it this morning, and suffer from the usual
> effects of viewing code one has written several years ago (i.e. I try
> hard not to throw up...)
>
> So I'm starting to think if it might be easier (especially with future
> updates in mind) to port the whole thing to Catalyst/DBIx::Class.
>
> I did some Cat-things in the past and know a few things, but before I
> can really start looking into porting, I need some input:
>
> - What's the status of form handling/error checking/resubmitting?
>   Are there stable, working and documented tools available?

I use HTML::Widget (with Catalyst::Plugin::HTML::Widget), check it on
http://search.cpan.org/~cfranks/HTML-Widget-1.10/lib/HTML/Widget.pm and
there  is active mailling list as well. I think it have all one could
expect from module for form handling.

  eloy
--

       jak to dobrze, że są oceany - bez nich byłoby jeszcze smutniej