[Catalyst] Catalyst & Bricolage Integration

Simon Wilcox simonw at digitalcraftsmen.net
Tue Nov 21 14:08:41 GMT 2006

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006, Tobias Kremer wrote:

> > It's pretty straightforward. Use Bricolage to publish content that
> > Catalyst can then consume. We use Bricolage and Apache::Template like this
> > a lot and it wouldn't be hard to integrate Catalyst instead.
>
> So, just to make sure I'm understanding you correctly: This means that
> Bricolage would just deliver templates for use in the Catalyst View?

Yes. That's what we do with Apache::Template and the same technique can be
used with catalyst.

> This could be accomplished by adding a Bricolage destination that points into
> Catalyst's "root" directory. The main application flow is still handled by
> Catalyst and its controllers (which I like).

Exactly right.

> But I can't see how a controller should handle the stories burned by
> Bricolage. Say the stories are burned to a Bricolage category called
> "/story" (with possible sub-categories), then I'd have to create a
> controller for "/story" which then has to dispatch to the story
> (and page of story) referred to in the URL. I'm wondering if the following
> is a sane way to accomplish this:

I don't think we even did that. We include root in the include path for
also use Static::Simple but I don't think that affects what's going on
here.

TBH - it's a few months since we put this part of the site together and
I've forgotten whether we had to jump through any hoops. I don't remember
having to do so.

Simon Wilcox

--
Digital Craftsmen Ltd
Exmouth House, 3 Pine Street, London. EC1R 0JH