[Catalyst] Catalyst & Bricolage Integration

Tobias Kremer tobias at funkreich.de
Wed Nov 22 14:42:55 GMT 2006

> We do something similar with the Krang CMS publishing content served by
> CGI::Application.  We have it write out templates and metadata for each
> application ("story" in Krang terminology) in separate directories [...]
> To do this kind of thing with Catalyst, you might want to just publish
> little data files (XML or whatever) with your templates and set up your
> web server to pass those to Catalyst.  To get the same sort of setup

This sounds like a cool idea. However, I must admit that I don't fully
understand it. Can you give an example of what your metadata files contain?
I suppose your "stub scripts" contain perl code which are eval'd by the
CGI::Application backend?

I don't see a possibility to get Bricolage to publish a template AND some
sort of metadata file at once. Is Krang capable of doing this (publish
little data files WITH the templates that are then read by the backend
application) or am I misunderstanding things here?

I now have a setup which allows me to publish stories from Bricolage
into my Catalyst template space. This is not sufficient because Catalyst
is not able to tell which story (i.e. id of story) it is dealing with to
display dynamic stuff like user feedbacks to an article for example.
That's where your metadata files come in, I suppose?

Thanks a lot!

-- Tobias