[Catalyst] Calling form plugin authors: these should not be plugins

Juan Camacho jc5826 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 20:59:35 GMT 2006

On 11/20/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> Please can the authors or current maintainers of at least -
>
> C::P::FormValidator
> C::P::FormValidator::Simple
> C::P::FormBuilder
> C::P::HTML::Widget
>
> take a long hard look at their code, and if you can't find a reason
> this *has* to be a plugin, please make it something else. I have a
> feeling the first on that list is maintained by core; if that's so,
> I'll happily port it myself sometime in the next couple weeks to give
> people a guide to work to.
>
> I intend to mark all these plugins deprecated by the master plugin

FYI, I actually gave the author of C:P:FormBuilder a rewrite of that
module as Controller base class. It's currently at
http://www.suspenda.com/modules/Catalyst-Controller-FormBuilder-0.01_01.tar.gz
For some reason, Nate hasn't gotten around to replacing his module
with it. I'll register it with CPAN if necessary (although I currently
don't actually use it).  If so, I would appreciate someone actually
testing it and providing some feedback.