[Catalyst] Catalyst & Bricolage Integration

Carl Johnstone catalyst at fadetoblack.me.uk
Thu Nov 23 12:49:53 GMT 2006

We're working on something similar to Perrin.

Our (bought-in) CMS is designed for directly publishing HTML, instead we get
it to generate XML files. We also have meta-data to allow editors to
enable/disable certain features like comments. So we have something like -
1.xml:

<story>
  <id>1</id>
  <section>news</section>
  <title>A Story</title>
  <comments>on</comments>
</story>

The relevant Catalyst controller matches /(\w+)/story/(\d+)_.*\.html - this
loads a model that finds the xml file, and parses the XML back into a perl
data structure. We then pass that off to the relevant article template.

After reading the XML, you could pass of to different controllers depending
on a value as Perrin suggests. In our case the articles are all pretty much
the same, so we just skip over features that have been turned off.

In any case it isn't really the view driving the controller.

Carl