[Catalyst] HTML::Widget and Unicode

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 18:39:16 GMT 2006

On 26/11/06, Alejandro Imass <alejandro.imass at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> HTML::Widget is translating my UTF-8 characters into presumably ISO
> LATIN-1. Can I stop HTML::Widget from doing this? I looked into
> enctype but I don't think is for that, and if it is could someone
> kindly offer an example? if so (supposing that enctyle is the answer)
> what happens to filenames that use Unicode characters in an upload
> field?

Can you give an example of what's actually happening and when?

If you're talking about the output of $result->as_xml, the characters
are being HTML-encoded. Upgrade to the latest cpan release of
HTML::Element to fix it.

If that's not the problem, can you post more details to the
HTML::Widget mailing list: