[Catalyst] Re: Last Chance / Last Day: Web developmentplatformcontestand Perl / Catalyst

Renan Valente Rangel rvr777 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 22:58:26 GMT 2006

I am a begginer in Catalyst and I have been reading and learning about Perl
this year (and maybe I am almost intermediate). When I say that I use Perl,
forgivinf the people that don't know what is that, say: "Perl, that old
language?". As some of you said before, this is not true por the people
inside the Perl community. I don't start in Perl because I visited a good
website, or a good documentation. I started using it to make scripts to
control functions in some servers. Then, I discovered the power of the
language and I am trying to learn as much as I can.

But the people outside the perl community need something to atract them.
Look at rails website. On the home, you can see some websites where it is
used. Catalyst need a section like "Get excited", because people don't want
to learn a language to discover if it's good or not. They will try to get
some informationg about it first. Most of people don't like or even don't
know Perl, so they don't have something real. Some nice videos explaining
nice features and how it works, will promote Catalyst and Perl to people
outside the community.

That's the opinion of a novice.

-- =

Renan