[Catalyst] Re: Last Chance / Last Day: Web developmentplatformcontestand Perl / Catalyst

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Thu Nov 30 23:37:55 GMT 2006

Renan Valente Rangel wrote:
> On the home, you can see some websites where it
> is used. Catalyst need a section like "Get excited", because people
> don't want to learn a language to discover if it's good or not.

We do have this sort of list on the wiki.

However, I don't see the benefit.  You can write bad sites in good
programming languages or good sites in bad programming languages.  Most
of the sites I use regularly (delicious, slashdot, mixi, etc.) are
perl-based, but that's just what the developers happened to use.  If
you're determined to see your idea to fruition, you can write your site
in assembler.  (Google search is C++.)

--
package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,