[Catalyst] Catalyst::Helper::Model::DBIC::SchemaLoader

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 2 17:50:47 CEST 2006

--- Kevin Wong <kevin_wongg at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>   I am new to the community, and willing to take any
> advice. I have installed Catalyst on Linux (Centos
> 4.1). Previously, I tried to install Cat on Windows
> but failed. I have created a test application, and
> able to run script/test_server.pl. I opened the
> webbrowser with no problem.
>   But when I created a batabase I got this error:
>   script/test_create.pl model DBIC
> DBIC::SchemaLoader 'dbi:SQLite:test.db'
>    exists
> "/home/kevin/test/script/../lib/test/Model"
>    exists "/home/kevin/test/script/../t"
>   Couldn't load helper
> "Catalyst::Helper::Model::DBIC::SchemaLoader",
> "Can't locate
> Catalyst/Helper/Model/DBIC/SchemaLoader.pm in @INC
> (@INC contains:
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi
>
>   I've checked if  this  module installed, and this
> is the result:
>   install Catalyst::Helper::Model::DBIC::Schema
>   CPAN: Storable loaded ok
>   Going to read  /root/.cpan/Metadata
>     Database was generated on Mon, 02 Oct 2006
> 10:39:56 GMT
>   Catalyst::Helper::Model::DBIC::Schema is up to
> date (undef).
>
>   these a 2 ways that I created the database:
>    1- script/test_create.pl model DBIC
> DBIC::SchemaLoader 'dbi:SQLite:test.db'
>   2-
>
> script/test_create.pl model Database
> DBIC::SchemaLoader dbi:SQLite:test.db

> Would someone please tell me what did I do wrong
> here?

Hi,

I think that you actually need
"DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader" for this.  I don't think
there is a
"Catalyst::Helper::Model::DBIC::SchemaLoader" on CPAN
(I couldn't find it).

Did you see this in a tutorial somewhere?

What is your goal?  Are you trying to autocreate a
DBIx Schema from an already populated database (I
assume?)  If so you might prefer to build the schema
'by hand' the first few times just to get what is
going on.  I found when I first started with that that
the 'magic' got in the way of my learning.  Let me
know some more details about your goals and your
database and I'll try to help.  I know when you first
get going with this it can be very strange,
particularly if you are coming from a DBI straight SQL
type background.

--john