[Catalyst] Catalyst::Helper::Model::DBIC::SchemaLoader

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 18:18:54 CEST 2006

On 10/2/06, John Napiorkowski <jjn1056 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Kevin Wong <kevin_wongg at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >   I am new to the community, and willing to take any
> > advice. I have installed Catalyst on Linux (Centos
> > 4.1). Previously, I tried to install Cat on Windows
> > but failed. I have created a test application, and
> > able to run script/test_server.pl. I opened the
> > webbrowser with no problem.
> >   But when I created a batabase I got this error:
> >   script/test_create.pl model DBIC
> > DBIC::SchemaLoader 'dbi:SQLite:test.db'
> >    exists
> > "/home/kevin/test/script/../lib/test/Model"
> >    exists "/home/kevin/test/script/../t"
> >   Couldn't load helper
> > "Catalyst::Helper::Model::DBIC::SchemaLoader",
> > "Can't locate
> > Catalyst/Helper/Model/DBIC/SchemaLoader.pm in @INC
> > (@INC contains:
> > /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi
> >
> >   I've checked if  this  module installed, and this
> > is the result:
> >   install Catalyst::Helper::Model::DBIC::Schema
> >   CPAN: Storable loaded ok
> >   Going to read  /root/.cpan/Metadata
> >     Database was generated on Mon, 02 Oct 2006
> > 10:39:56 GMT
> >   Catalyst::Helper::Model::DBIC::Schema is up to
> > date (undef).
> >
> >   these a 2 ways that I created the database:
> >    1- script/test_create.pl model DBIC
> > DBIC::SchemaLoader 'dbi:SQLite:test.db'
> >   2-
> >
> > script/test_create.pl model Database
> > DBIC::SchemaLoader dbi:SQLite:test.db

> > Would someone please tell me what did I do wrong
> > here?
>
> Hi,
>
> I think that you actually need
> "DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader" for this.  I don't think
> there is a
> "" on CPAN
> (I couldn't find it).
>
> Did you see this in a tutorial somewhere?

The distribution "Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema" used to contain
"Catalyst::Helper::Model::DBIC::SchemaLoader", but it doesn't anymore, as
that functionality was taken over by the main
"Catalyst::Helper::Model::DBIC::Schema".  All references to the older Helper
should have been removed from docs and tutorials long ago.

-- Brandon