[Catalyst] problem deploying with apache: templates not found

Marc Logghe Marc.Logghe at DEVGEN.com
Thu Oct 12 11:45:53 CEST 2006

________________________________

	From: catalyst-bounces at lists.rawmode.org
[mailto:catalyst-bounces at lists.rawmode.org] On Behalf Of Andreas
Marienborg
	Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 11:15 AM
	To: The elegant MVC web framework
	Subject: Re: [Catalyst] problem deploying with apache: templates
not found

	Could it be a permission issue? does apache run as the same user
as the test-server?

	It definately must be something like that.

	Could perhaps make a seperate directory for development and
deployment, and run one with apache and one with test-server.

	I did exactly as you suggested. Checked out the application in
/var/www and made apache the owner of all files.
	Changed the use lib statement in perl.conf, restarted apache and
.... bingo !
	All worked fine. Lesson I learned: don't let apache work in a
directory that it does not own.
	Thanks !
	Marc