[Catalyst] -f $path fails or succeeds

Furst, Carl Carl.Furst at mlb.com
Thu Oct 12 17:04:13 CEST 2006

It could very well be a permissions issue. If your $path is more than
one directory deep and the r bit is not set (can you read the contents
of a directory?) or the x bit (this is even more important because it
actually allows traversal [i.e. you can use this name in your $path]) is
not set for that user or group, it could be that when -f is trying to
access the location, it can't read or traverse the directory.

Carl