[Catalyst] Gentlemen, a call to arms!

Dami Laurent (PJ) laurent.dami at justice.ge.ch
Thu Oct 12 14:22:25 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I think this contest is a very good opportunity for Perl and Catalyst to get more recognition. About the status of this contest, I guess nobody knows much more than what is on the website, but I can imagine that the final report will have quite a broad audience. The previous paper by Lutz Prechelt (An empirical comparison of seven programming languages) is cited quite often, as it is one of the very few sources for a fully objective comparison of several languages, ignoring the hype and religious wars.

As John wrote, the best way to convince the organisers to change their mind is if they get several requests from Perl teams to participate in the contest. The call for participation says "Preferably, all three participants should come from the same organization". So, if your organisation is using Perl/Catalyst  -- I hope there are more than a few nowadays -- , then please write to the contest organizers saying that you would like a Perl track to be opened. Also, we should probably alert the Jifty, Maypole, CGI::Application, etc. communities to join that lobbying effort.

Laurent Dami.