[Catalyst] Failing tests on Centos 4.4

hkclark at gmail.com hkclark at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 03:22:57 BST 2006

On 10/26/06, Matt Patterson <matt-lists at reprocessed.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install Catalyst,. I've started with Catalyst-Runtime
> and (as far as I know) I have all the dependencies installed.
> However, three tests in t/live_engine_response_cookies are failing.
> I've attached the output from that chunk.

Hi Matt,

I just installed Catalyst on a fresh CentOS 4.4 using the instructions
in Catalyst::Manual::Installation::CentOS4 and it worked fine.  Maybe
there is some other module "out of date" and causing a conflict?  You
can run the cat-install described in C::M::I::CentOS4 on top of an
existing system... it won't hurt anything because it will just say
each module that's already the latest doesn't need updating.  However,
it also won't pull in the latest for the dependencies like a fresh
install will.  You could use this to look for other modules that have
a newer version on CPAN:

  perl -e 'use CPAN; CPAN::Shell->r;'

Let me know if you find the answer and I can add a tip to C::M::I::CentOS4

Thanks,
Kennedy