[Catalyst] Failing tests on Centos 4.4

Matt Patterson matt-lists at reprocessed.org
Sat Oct 28 08:48:17 BST 2006

On 27 Oct 2006, at 03:22, hkclark at gmail.com wrote:

> I just installed Catalyst on a fresh CentOS 4.4 using the instructions
> in Catalyst::Manual::Installation::CentOS4 and it worked fine.  Maybe
> there is some other module "out of date" and causing a conflict? You
> can run the cat-install described in C::M::I::CentOS4 on top of an
> existing system... it won't hurt anything because it will just say
> each module that's already the latest doesn't need updating.

Yeah, thanks - I ended up using the cat-install script as a
diagnostic. I'm attempting to package Catalyst for deployment in a
CentOS 4.4 yum-RPM only environment, so my dependency checking has
been a bit more hit and miss than just using CPAN.

> However,
> it also won't pull in the latest for the dependencies like a fresh
> install will.  You could use this to look for other modules that have
> a newer version on CPAN:

Something in LWP was the culprit (maybe HTTP::Headers), as it turned
out. It may have been a mismatch between CPAN and Yum/RPM version
checking, with the Requires: perl(HTTP::Headers) >= 1.64 directive
being confused by perl(HTTP::Headers) being provided by perl-libwww-
perl (at version 5.8 something). Anyway, all the tests are passing
now :-)

Thanks,

Matt

--