[Catalyst] Tutorial - CatalystBasics

Anthony Gardner cyclewood_ltd at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 5 20:43:47 CEST 2006

Yeah, upgrading a couple of modules helped. thanks.

John Napiorkowski <jjn1056 at yahoo.com> wrote: I've used the following to check and update Catalyst
related stuff on my box:

perl -MCPAN -e
'CPAN::Shell->install(CPAN::Shell->r("/Catalyst/"))';

This brings me up to the newest versions since I
installed.  But your results might vary.

I usually see the "Can't call method "process" error
when I accidentally try to forward to something that
doesn't exist.  process in the default method for when
you forward to views and models.  So my understanding
is if you do a $c->forward($c->view('view')) that is
like an implicit
$c->forward($c->view('view'))->process but you can
forward to other methods in a component if you name
it.

So check your forwards and make sure there are no
spelling errors and that that components exist.  Take
extra care to review what you put in the package name,
misspellings there have gotten me more than once.

--john

http://mail.yahoo.com