[Catalyst] Tutorial - CatalystBasics

Jon Warbrick jw35 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Sep 9 13:19:58 CEST 2006

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, Anthony Gardner wrote:

> Have just started going through the tutorial but have come across a
> problem.
>
>  I looked back through the archives for a few months but found no
> answers to these.
>
>  When I try to run it, I get
>
>  Caught exception in MyApp::View::TT->process "Can't call method
> "process" on an undefined value at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7/Catalyst/View/TT.pm line 315."
>
>  This haapened in my code and then I downloaded the code from svn but
> got the same error.
>

> Also,
>
> in the auto-generated code, I had to add a comma to line 9
>
>  package MyApp::View::TT;
>
>  use strict;
>  use base 'Catalyst::View::TT';
>
>  __PACKAGE__->config({
>      CATALYST_VAR => 'Catalyst',
>      INCLUDE_PATH => [
>          MyApp->path_to( 'root', 'src' ),
>          MyApp->path_to( 'root', 'lib' )
>      ],
>      PRE_PROCESS => 'config/main',
>      WRAPPER => 'site/wrapper',
>      ERROR => 'error.tt2',
>      TIMER => 0
>  });
>
>  Am using Catalyst version 5.7001.

FWIW I've just had, and solved, exactly these problems (and another that
caused 'MyApp' to be used in the INCLUDE_PATH settings for an application
of a different name). It looks as if 'upgrading' an old Catalyst
installation using cat-install hadn't (understandably, with hindsight)
upgraded Catalyst::View::TT. Doing so resolved both problems. Thanks to
John Napiorkowski for his 'try upgrading' suggestion.

Jon.

--
Jon Warbrick
Web/News Development, Computing Service, University of Cambridge