[Catalyst] Invoke *complete* subrequests in Catalyst?

Nate Wiger nwiger at scea.com
Tue Sep 19 21:08:21 CEST 2006

Is there a way to invoke a complete subrequest, with a complete request
cycle, in Catalyst? I've tried the Plugin::SubRequest and it's a step in
the right direction, but what I need is something that allows complete
prepare()/finalize() functionality.

I'm building an AJAX app with FormBuilder, and want to use it to embed
multiple forms in a page (each of which would be linked to a different
action and submitted using JQuery). I've found I can do this, but I've
had to make changes to the FB plugin so that it only instantiates an
object on a call to $c->form, and doesn't use prepare() to do so. This
then requires a bit of internal magic to work both normally and in
subrequest mode.

Other ideas?

-Nate