[Catalyst] patch: C::P::Compress::Deflate

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Sep 19 22:21:59 CEST 2006

Peter Karman wrote:

> Peter Karman scribbled on 9/19/06 10:45 AM:
>
>> see
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.catalyst.general/2089/match=static+simple+compress
>>

>> I didn't see mention of any fix in the list archives, hence this patch.
>>

> To make some amends for my earlier bone-headedness, here's patches that
> actually address this particular issue. It adds a 'no_types' config
> option to exclude content types from compression that match 'text/' --
> specifically CSS. It will skip text/css by default.

Actually, what I'd really like is somebody to volunteer to write a new
Catalyst::Plugin::Compress that handles all this crap once and allows multiple
compression backends to be used. Sadly, the ::Compress::* plugins are owned by
Sebastian Riedel so we have no way of getting patches fed back and as such
they shoul be considered entirely unmaintained.