[Catalyst] patch: C::P::Compress::Deflate

Peter Karman peter at peknet.com
Tue Sep 19 22:12:43 CEST 2006

Peter Karman scribbled on 9/19/06 10:45 AM:

> see
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.catalyst.general/2089/match=static+simple+compress
>
> I didn't see mention of any fix in the list archives, hence this patch.

To make some amends for my earlier bone-headedness, here's patches that actually
address this particular issue. It adds a 'no_types' config option to exclude
content types from compression that match 'text/' -- specifically CSS. It will
skip text/css by default.

I realize this doesn't address the question of best development practices, but
it does fix the bug in the email thread above.

Peter Karman  .  http://peknet.com/  .  peter at peknet.com