[Catalyst] Rails-like form helpers

Jon Warbrick jw35 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 20 18:36:02 CEST 2006

I've always admired the form helpers used by Rails (see [1]) - essentially
helpers for use in templates for creating form controls that are linked to
underlying model objects so that they can be pre-populated and so that the
controls can be named to make subsequent update of the objects easy. It
strikes me that something like this could be useful when creating forms
that are more complex then solutions like HTMLWidget can conveniently cope
with.

Catalyst-Plugin-Params-Nested already provides support for something very
like the Rails naming scheme, but I can't see anything that provides
anything like the helpers themselves. Before I start creating something,
probably as a DBIx::Class component, please can anyone tell me if I'm
re-inventing the wheel?

Jon.

[1] http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActionView/Helpers/FormHelper.html#M000389

--
Jon Warbrick
Web/News Development, Computing Service, University of Cambridge