[Catalyst] URI sessions, yes or no?

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Wed Sep 20 15:58:29 CEST 2006

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 08:52:13 -0500, Ryan wrote:
> OK, take off from my last post.  To create this online hotel reservation
> system for a hotel I'm able to store their itinerary in a session to keep
> track. Everything works well but I'm using the cookies session plugin and
> if I shut it off weird things happen.  I was thinking of adding in the
> ability to detect if they don't have cookies and use the URI but I read
> some things it's not recommended for security.  Should I just stick with
> the cookies and display an error to people that don't have cookies or
> should I implement the URI?

You can use both the URI and Cookie session plugins simultaneously,
and they will work correctly together. In fact, State::URI will even
stop setting the URI session ID if the Cookie plugin is loaded and
seems to be suupported by the browser..

--
  Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch at woobling.org>
http://nothingmuch.woobling.org  0xEBD27418