[Catalyst] catalyst++

Garrett Goebel ggoebel at goebel.ws
Fri Sep 29 18:58:39 CEST 2006

On Sep 29, 2006, at 11:22 AM, John Napiorkowski wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean by 'multi-attribute
> dispatch routing'.  I have someone here working on
> integrating Class::Workflow as a controller so you can
> dispatch based on workflow states and not just on
> actions.  Is that something that interests you?

I'm talking about the difference between single and multiple
dispatch. Catalyst's action attributes whether they're local, path,
regex, chained, etc. all are specific to the request uri. The
dispatcher tries each dispatch type until if finds one that matches
the path.

I've modified the dispatcher so I can dispatch an action if it
matches request method and uri path. Dispatching based on workflow
states would be a nice addition. I've looked at Class::Workflow, but
never got past just looking at it. Yes, it does interest me.

However, what I've done is a hack to meet my needs. It'd be nice if
there were a generic catalyst dispatcher which handled multiple
dispatch.

cheers,

Garrett