[Catalyst] Apache/mod_perl 2.0 deep documentation and troubleshooting

Xavier Robin robin0 at etu.unige.ch
Mon Apr 2 09:07:27 GMT 2007

Hello,

I have a Catalyst application "MIAPE" working as standalone server. Now I
would like to use it in mod_perl (perl 5.8.5, Apache 2.0.52, mod_perl 2.0.3
on a 64 bit machine).
So I took the documentation
(http://search.cpan.org/~agrundma/Catalyst-Engine-Apache-1.07/lib/Catalyst/Engine/Apache2/MP20.pm)
and I added the following at the end of httpd.conf :

    PerlSwitches -I/home/xrobin/MIAPE/lib
    PerlModule MIAPE
    <VirtualHost>
        ServerName    miapegeldb.isb-sib.ch
        DocumentRoot  /home/xrobin/MIAPE/root
        <Location />
            SetHandler          modperl
            PerlResponseHandler MIAPE
        </Location>
    </VirtualHost>

Apache restarted successfully. But the application doesn't work.

Unfortunately, there is no error message in the apache error_log file. I don't
know what I did wrong, nor where the error is (Is the application loaded? Is
there a network/firewall problem? Etc.). I looked for a more complete
Catalyst/mod_perl 2 documentation, and in the list archive, but I couldn't
find anything.

Do someone know what I did wrong, or where I could find some documentation for
debugging?

Thank you,
Xavier