[Catalyst] Apache/mod_perl 2.0 deep documentation and troubleshooting

Valentin Tumarkin valentin-lists at fuzzycow.org
Mon Apr 2 14:04:54 GMT 2007

I believe you should increase your log level on the Apache/mod_perl side:

1) Remember to use the -Debug flag in Catalyst

2) In the VirtualHost configuration:
LogLevel debug

3) via mod_perl API:

use Apache2::Log;
use Apache2::Const -compile => qw(OK :log);
use Apache2::ServerRec ();
use Apache2::ServerUtil ();

my $s = Apache2::ServerUtil->server;
$s->loglevel(Apache2::Const::LOG_DEBUG);

You should need ether (2) or (3). They are supposed to do the same
thing. However if (2) is not enough try (3) too.
Ether way - the logs will probably be written to the global server log
file. I never managed to divert Catalyst logs to the VirtualHost's own
log. If anyone has a solution for that - it'd be greatly appreciated.